Maybe it is the cold, or just that I really need to move back to the Florida Keys, but I have missed the food from that area.
The only part of Florida that I like is the Keys, probably because it doesn’t feel anything like the rest of the state.
I am not sure if this is made in Cuba, since I have not been to the country of Cuba. I have been to the island, but that is not the same thing at all.
Pulled Pork Sandwich1 1/2 cup orange juice - fresh squeezed
1 cup lime juice - fresh squeezed
18 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp spiced rum - optional
3 tbsp ground coriander
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp white pepper
1 tbsp pepper
2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp ground cumin
4-5 lbs boneless pork shoulder, quartered
- Mix all of the liquids and spices in a bowl and pour into a slow cooker.
- Place the pork pieces, cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours, until the meat falls apart
- Using two forks, shred the pork and add it back in the liquid for about 30 minutes
- In a ligfhtly oiled frying pan, transfer the drained meat and cook on medium until small spots of the meat is crispy
1 lb swiss cheese
1 lb sliced deli ham - thin
Brown or yellow mustard
- Hopefully, you know how to put a sandwich together
This can be served hot or cold, with the bread toasted, or not. It is good both ways.
It does make a big difference if the juice is fresh or not, but whatever you have is good.