This is a pretty standard recipe for this type of ice cream.
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream10 ounces miniature semisweet chocolate chips
2 2/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons peppermint extract or creme de menthe flavoring
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
7 cups whole milk
2 cups whipping cream - 36%-40% fat content
8 ounces crushed peppermint candy (optional)
- Make a paste out of the sugar and eggs
- Mix in the cream and milk
- On medium-low heat, stirring constantly, heat up the mixture until it reaches 110 F
- Refrigerate until cool
- Mix in the remaining ingredients
- Place the mixture in the churner container until it stops
- Either seal up the churner container or transfer the mixture into a proper container and place it in the freezer for at least a few hours
This will make about 1 gallon so adjust as needed to fit your churner.
You can also buy a block of chocolate and shave it, but I am too lazy for such things.
The chocolate chips measure out to about 2 cups.